The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 57 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error

Hello and Introduction
Hi, Everyone:
I am Diva's Mom. Diva is my sweet little Chinese Crested. I adopted her as a rescue in October of 2011. She was born in 2004, and will be 12 years old in July. The last three years have been a nightmare, first trying to figure out what condition she had, and then once we got the diagnosis of CIL, we have been trying to keep it under control. She is on prednisone, which we are trying to taper her off of. She had only one relapse this year, as opposed to her usual 2-3 per year, so I am encouraged we are going in the right direction with her treatment. This website has been a Godsend, and I am eager to hear more of what other people have tried with CIL. Nice to meet all of you!
Glad you are here, and welcome! It's rare to hear of another Chinese Crested with this disease, but I believe I know of one other aside from Louie and Diva. It always makes me wonder if there's a genetic component to all of this.

Very happy to hear that Diva has been so stable over the past year. That has to feel like a nice accomplishment. Give her a big hug for me.
Dear LouiesMom:

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I, too, have wondered about the genetic component. Diva comes from a long line of show dogs, and in looking at her breeding chart on the internet, it looks like there was some overbreeding. Diva was a show dog for the first 3-4 years of her life, gave birth to two litters and then ended up as a rescue placed for adoption. I also suspect the kibble we had her on during the first year after we adopted her. What has been critical for Diva is her weekly B-12 shot at the vet's office. The shots make a big difference in her health. Have a nice weekend.
I'd be really interested in seeing her pedigree to know if she and Louie are related. Here is his: http://www.chinesecrested.no/pedigree.ph...ther=44935
Sorry you are here, but you are in the right place!

Show dogs and interbreeding is pretty much a given it seems these days. We are trying to find a new dog to add to our family and the more research I do in the recognized breeds we are considering, the more concerned I become. Autoimmunity is something we deal with in our human family as well and of interest to me. Seeing so many dog breeds with increased evidence of autoimmune issues, I'm beginning to wonder if what we're dealing with is part of the linebreeding/inbreeding issue and why we see so many different breeds suffering from this. I hope it is a portal to a greater understanding of genetic health overall!!!
(01-09-2016, 10:38 AM)LouiesMom Wrote: Dear LouiesMom:

Thanks for the email containing the pedigree for Louie. I just compared the two and there are no connections. However, I still suspect CIL may be due to overbreeding and/or food like kibble with too much wheat, etc.

Thanks again!
DivasMom

I'd be really interested in seeing her pedigree to know if she and Louie are related.  Here is his:  http://www.chinesecrested.no/pedigree.ph...ther=44935

(01-09-2016, 09:26 PM)dpressley Wrote: Dear dpressley:

Thanks so much for your posting. I agree!

DivasMom

Sorry you are here, but you are in the right place!

Show dogs and interbreeding is pretty much a given it seems these days.  We are trying to find a new dog to add to our family and the more research I do in the recognized breeds we are considering, the more concerned I become.  Autoimmunity is something we deal with in our human family as well and of interest to me.  Seeing so many dog breeds with increased evidence of autoimmune issues, I'm beginning to wonder if what we're dealing with is part of the linebreeding/inbreeding issue and why we see so many different breeds suffering from this.  I hope it is a portal to a greater understanding of genetic health overall!!!