The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 57 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error

Food that works
Thumbs Up 
Rosie the pug (struggling with eating/vomiting...low albumin...low weight) seems to be doing better on new food:

Boiled Turkey Breast
Baked Sweet Potato
Boiled Egg white

NO UPSET Tummy after eating (usually is uncomfortable after she eats and vomits a little).  And I'm able to add her vitamins to it.  I put a few drops of fish oil in the mix this morning and she got sick.  I had identified a fat intolerance early on but now I think it's an EXTREME fat intolerance.  She's so thin.  Hopefully she'll put on weight with the new diet.

Diana - mom to Rosie (almost eight, PLE and likely IBD) - feeling optimistic Smile
Hi, Diana:

I have Diva on the CIL diet my vet recommended:

Rice, zero fat tuna, Dr. Harvey's dehydrated veggies, zero fat cottage cheese, zero fat dehydrated milk powder, Dr. Harvey's multi-vitamin, Probios probiotic, Petdophilus acidophilus, and her Chinese herb for digestion.

I should say that the Dr. Harvey's products are things we decided to add, the rest is the vet's recommendation.
Yes, CIL is always an extreme fat intolerance. It's almost impossible to eliminate enough fat to treat the disease. I'm so glad Rosie is doing better on this new diet! I'd hold off on any added oils until she's firmly stable, and then just add one drop or so to see if you can find an amount she tolerates.
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Hills Science I/D low fat canned dog food? I tried a 'novel protein' route but the vet said it was probably too much fat in my dogs diet. So he wanted to try the prescription food. I went with canned vs kibble as my dog is not a chewer. She swallows and gulps her food. So figured this might be easier on her tummy, easier to absorb.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
(02-04-2016, 08:50 AM)I\ll look into the vitamins.  I've been wondering which ones to try.  I had given her cottage cheese on and off over the past few months but never zero fat.  Should have known better.  I'll give it a try.  Meant to mention that it's ground turkey breast.  I had been feeding her regular turkey breast that I boil, chop, and puree with sweet potatoes.  I think boiling the ground turkey breast helps to remove more of the fat.  Rosie doesn't have an official diagnosis for CIL, but I wouldn't be surprised.  Thanks again for the input.  She had another good day on the new food.  :) Wrote: Diana

DivasMomHi, Diana:

I have Diva on the CIL diet my vet recommended:

Rice, zero fat tuna, Dr. Harvey's dehydrated veggies, zero fat cottage cheese, zero fat dehydrated milk powder, Dr. Harvey's multi-vitamin, Probios probiotic, Petdophilus acidophilus, and her Chinese herb for digestion.

I should say that the Dr. Harvey's products are things we decided to add, the rest is the vet's recommendation.

(02-04-2016, 01:51 PM)Good advice.  I kept thinking I should try to add a little oil but you\re right.  I'll keep her on this diet and have her albumin rechecked in a few weeks.  Thanks so much.  Diana and Rosie_______________ LouiesMom Wrote: Yes, CIL is always an extreme fat intolerance.  It's almost impossible to eliminate enough fat to treat the disease.  I'm so glad Rosie is doing better on this new diet!  I'd hold off on any added oils until she's firmly stable, and then just add one drop or so to see if you can find an amount she tolerates.
(02-05-2016, 01:03 PM)JennyK Wrote: Hi,

Has anyone tried the Hills Science I/D low fat canned dog food?  I tried a 'novel protein' route but the vet said it was probably too much fat in my dogs diet.  So he wanted to try the prescription food.  I went with canned vs kibble as my dog is not a chewer. She swallows and gulps her food.  So figured this might be easier on her tummy, easier to absorb.

Hi Jenny,

My baby is on science diet low fat ID. We prefer the dry only because I have read that canned foods cause tartar quicker but we do give both - just depends on which he will eat. If he's having an off day, we will mix in a tiny drop of low fat cottage cheese to help entice him. I know a lot of people have said their pups can't handle the chicken but mine has done great on it and he hated the fish and sweet potatoes when we tried that - wouldn't even eat it. Good luck!
I really like Royal Canin low fat gastro intestinal (RC LF) canned food. I haven't seen an increase in tartar but I that's because I brush Ernie's teeth a lot. I personally don't like the science diet for a CIL dog because of all the fiber and it also caused my dog to relapse / not recover as quickly. He didn't recover until he was put on the RC LF. And, finally, I know Louie lived for a long time on the RC LF canned.

(02-05-2016, 01:03 PM)JennyK Wrote: Hi,

Has anyone tried the Hills Science I/D low fat canned dog food?  I tried a 'novel protein' route but the vet said it was probably too much fat in my dogs diet.  So he wanted to try the prescription food.  I went with canned vs kibble as my dog is not a chewer. She swallows and gulps her food.  So figured this might be easier on her tummy, easier to absorb.

I really like Royal Canin low fat gastro intestinal (RC LF)  canned food. I haven't seen an increase in tartar but I that's because I brush Ernie's teeth a lot. I personally don't like the science diet for a CIL dog because of all the fiber and it also caused my dog to relapse / not recover as quickly. He didn't recover until he was put on the RC LF. And, finally, I know Louie lived for a long time on the RC LF canned.