The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 811 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 811 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 875 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 761 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 428 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 717 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 830 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 830 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 875 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 761 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 428 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 717 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 57 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error

General Question about food and gas
My dog Brandy was just diagnosed with CIL about a month ago.  We have already gotten her protein level back to 6 but now her liver enzymes are a bit elevated so now she is on Denamarin.  She eats the Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat kibble.  Her gas has been terrible!  My question is whether this is due to the disease or is it because of her food?  I have been considering cooking for her as many of you do.  I am hoping this will alleviate the gas because it's really bad and she sleeps next to me at night....so I've been getting woken up quite early in the morning these past few days!  She had a small setback with diarrhea Saturday but I think it may have been the stress of going to a new vet that morning.  I am also considering another round of antibiotics as hers just ran out last week and I have noticed a softening of the stool.  Any suggestions about the food would be greatly appreciated.  She is a 28 pound sheltie so if you could even give me an idea as to what ratio of protein/carbs/fat would be great.  I am so thankful for this site as I would be completely lost trying to deal with this on my own.
AndreaHarris1971 Wrote:My dog Brandy was just diagnosed with CIL about a month ago.  We have already gotten her protein level back to 6 but now her liver enzymes are a bit elevated so now she is on Denamarin.  She eats the Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat kibble.  Her gas has been terrible!  My question is whether this is due to the disease or is it because of her food?  I have been considering cooking for her as many of you do.  I am hoping this will alleviate the gas because it's really bad and she sleeps next to me at night....so I've been getting woken up quite early in the morning these past few days!  She had a small setback with diarrhea Saturday but I think it may have been the stress of going to a new vet that morning.  I am also considering another round of antibiotics as hers just ran out last week and I have noticed a softening of the stool.  Any suggestions about the food would be greatly appreciated.  She is a 28 pound sheltie so if you could even give me an idea as to what ratio of protein/carbs/fat would be great.  I am so thankful for this site as I would be completely lost trying to deal with this on my own.

Hi there - my baby, Sox, was fortunate to get protein levels back but had elevated kidney too! The doctor told me he wasn't concerned as it was caused by the steroids... I give my pup Science Diet, Low Fat ID but this week his signs are flaring up (lose of interest in food and less bowel), I'm also considering switching his diet. I live in Orange County, CA and there is a place called Just Food For Dogs - I picked up a diet specifically for CIL but I have not given it to him yet... I hate the thought of switching his food when he is doing pretty good but I am just so lost and confused myself. Sad I have not tried Royal Canin so unfortunately can't give you an answer on that... overall we have done well with the low fat science diet until he has these flare ups.
(03-14-2016, 07:02 AM)AndreaHarris1971 Wrote: My dog Brandy was just diagnosed with CIL about a month ago.  We have already gotten her protein level back to 6 but now her liver enzymes are a bit elevated so now she is on Denamarin.  She eats the Royal Canin Gastrointestinal Low Fat kibble.  Her gas has been terrible!  My question is whether this is due to the disease or is it because of her food?  I have been considering cooking for her as many of you do.  I am hoping this will alleviate the gas because it's really bad and she sleeps next to me at night....so I've been getting woken up quite early in the morning these past few days!  She had a small setback with diarrhea Saturday but I think it may have been the stress of going to a new vet that morning.  I am also considering another round of antibiotics as hers just ran out last week and I have noticed a softening of the stool.  Any suggestions about the food would be greatly appreciated.  She is a 28 pound sheltie so if you could even give me an idea as to what ratio of protein/carbs/fat would be great.  I am so thankful for this site as I would be completely lost trying to deal with this on my own.

Hi, Andrea. I would say most of us are trying to attain as close to a fat-free diet as possible for our dogs. Fat seems to set off the CIL. As far as a protein/carb ratio I think each dog may be a little different. I have been experimenting with Diva for a while now to get the right balance.

Some people here have complained about the Royal Canin causing gas. However, vegetables can also cause a lot of gas.

Diva's Mom