The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 33 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 33 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 467 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(467) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 57 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 57 errorHandler->error

CIL/IBD doggy 13yo f Minpin, sick with worry over her weight
Hello everyone! Firstly, I want to thank you for this wonderful and resourceful forum and commiserate with all those who have pets suffering from this terrible disease...

I'm the owner of a 13yo f Minpin named Miki who was tentatively diagnosed with CIL and probable IBD back in early August. Tentative since the diagnosis was made with ultrasound and blood testing (she had PLE and her albumin level at the time was 1.5, she had also been steadily losing weight before this).

She's had soft and numerous stools for quite a while (years at this point, maybe) and starting last year, she would have uncontrollable diarrhea sometimes with blood that would flare up maybe once every 3 or 4 mouths for a day or two, then go goa way with probiotics. She also had strange belly noises and bad gas for a while. I chalked this up to her older age and because the diarrhea always cleared up, I didn't really worry about it. Her low albumin and other strange readings were caught when she went in for a routine blood test because I wanted to get her teeth cleaned and that is when my nightmare began.

She's been on Hill's ID canned since August along with prednisolone to help with her inflamed intestines. She's had 2 more blood tests since that first one in the tail-end of July and her numbers have been improving. We've been able to reduce her dose from 2 prednisolone tablets per day to 1/2 & 1/4 tablets per day. She's also taking probiotic pills once a day and also has been taking ursodiol once a day due to her pancreatitis that she's had for over a year now. We think the prednisolone was slowly damaging her liver and hope that the decreased dosage and liver supplement pill we give her will help ease it.

My main worry is that although her blood work is improving and her stools have firmed up, she is continuing to lose weight. She is a huge food lover and will always eat her meals with relish, always seems to be insatiable (even before she started steroids, she was like this). I will feed her as indicated which is 1/3 can twice per day (and for the past 2 weeks, we were feeding her even more than was indicated because I'm being crushed with worry for her and have also been giving her cooked sweet potatoes in between feedings), and her weight continues to drop little by little. 

Leading into our latest scare, she was admitted to the emergency hospital last Saturday evening and stayed overnight into Sunday afternoon because she had not finished her meal that evening (something that never ever happens), was lethargic, and had begun throwing up constantly. She also had a big potbelly and she's skin and bones so this was very alarming. She was found to be dehydrated and x-rays revealed that she had a mass in her belly that was slowly moving through; a mass that turned out to be food. So in our desperation, we had been feeding her more than her body could digest (the sweet potatoes that we fed her between her 2 meals probably did not help either...).

She still continues to lose weight and has dropped down from maybe the 11lb that she once was to the emaciated-looking 7.4lb and under that she is today. Our vet seems resigned that she will keep losing weight until she needs to eventually be put to sleep. She says she wants to try and stabilize her weight or help her gain some back on, but there are just no suggestions coming from her on how we can achieve this aside from saying her inflammation in her intestines makes it so that she doesn't get her nutrients. I would think that improving blood work would mean that her body would start receiving the nutrients but apparently that's not the case...?

It hurts so much to see her always being her happy self (she's more energetic than she was pre-diagnosis) and knowing that she's slowly wasting away because I just don't know how to put weight back on her.

Apologies for the word vomit, but I'm just really lost on how to move forward. Any words of advice or comment would be appreciated, thank you in advance!
Thanks so much for your post and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry you have to be in this situation. We have all experienced similar things, which is what brought us here to this very helpful site. My little Chinese Crested Diva is in the same boat as your dog. Sendings prayers and hugs!

Diva's Mom
(09-21-2016, 07:28 AM)DivasMom Wrote: Thanks so much for your post and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry you have to be in this situation. We have all experienced similar things, which is what brought us here to this very helpful site. My little Chinese Crested Diva is in the same boat as your dog. Sendings prayers and hugs!

Diva's Mom

Yes, this is such a rough thing to go through with our beloved dogs  Cry

Thank you for your well wishes, I hope Diva is doing better as well!
Hello, wanted to update here!

Miki has been doing better since I first opened this thread. The only thing that I changed diet-wise was adding a Tbsp of boiled and blended (in its own juices) gold potatoes every meal to her canned Hills I/D, which I soften with clean, heated water. I also began to divide her meals to 4 per day, instead of the 2 per day that the vet initially suggested. I think feeding her 2 large meals per day was just too difficult for her compromised digestive system to handle. She would get very loud grumbly stomach noises along with visible belly distention on 2 large meals per day, even though her breakfast and dinner were 8 hours apart.

Her poor digestion/malabsorption issues is most likely due to her suspected IBD, but splitting her meals into smaller yet more frequent feedings seems to have helped and she put on a smidgen of weight (.1kg), which is the very first time she gained any weight since her diagnosis. She has been stable at 3.5kg for the past 3 weeks, which is a much welcome relief after watching her steadily lose weight every single doctor's visit for the past 2 or so months.
That is so good to hear! Any improvement is big with this terrible disease. Diva has also been improving. I started giving her bone broth and that seems to be really helping. I cook her rice in the bone broth. All the best to you and your Miki!

Diva's Mom
Thank you!! Very glad to hear that Diva is doing better now Smile